Monday, April 23, 2012

Adventures in the Dojo: Saturday Night Live, But at Hofstra?

This evening, I stumbled into local hotspot and "hip" hangout area, The Dojo, expecting the usual raucous and rowdy group of troublemakers I normally spend time with.  However, I was pleasantly surprised when, instead, I found a group of upstanding young men and women in the midst of a tech rehearsal for Saturday Night Live.  For those of you who don't know, SNL is a quite popular sketch-based comedy show featuring a recurring cast, a celebrity guest, and a musical guest.  Tonight's celebrity guest was the world famous obnoxious film student, Dylan Brawnsauce Merrick.  What follows below is what I saw when I rudely interrupted their performance in order to do well on a Journalism 010 assignment (thanks a lot Professor Peyronnin!).



Now, some people may say that The Dojo is not a hip hangout spot for really cool outcast types.  Others might even go so far as to say that is merely what Dylan and I call the 5th floor Nassau lounge.  So this video goes out to all y'all haters, it's real and really awesome.  Here's proof.  Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment